10.13.2012

The EASIEST Pumpkin Muffins


So - I heard that you could make muffins using ONLY a cake mix (any kind - chocolate, white, spice, etc.) and a can of pumpkin in place of the eggs and oil.  I was VERY skeptical.  Come on.  No oil?  No Eggs?  Yeah right.  I was POSITIVE that they would turn out dry and would fall apart.  I've had this in the back of my head for a while, but last night as I was looking through the pantry to see if I needed to make a quick late night run to the store so that we would have food to eat on Sunday, when I saw a yellow cake mix, and a can of pumpkin.  I thought - why not try it?

I dumped the cake mix and the pumpkin in to my Kitchenaid Mixer and mixed it up.  The batter was thick and reminded me of pumpkin cookie dough.  So - I thought for about a half of a second and dumped some chocolate chips into the batter for good measure.

Man, was I surprised when these turned out moist and delicious!  They were seriously the easiest baking I have ever done.  The next morning my husband ate a few for breakfast and RAVED about how good they were!  Such an easy breakfast!


The EASIEST Pumpkin Muffins
Ingredients
1 15oz can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 cup chocolate chips
Instructions
Preheat over to 350 degrees.  Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray.
Mix the pumpkin and cake mix together with an electric mixer until well combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.
Put about 1/4 cup of batter in each muffin cup.  I use an ice cream scoop to measure mine.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack.  Store in an airtight container.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...