10.22.2012

Slow-Cooker Curry Chicken: Chicken Recipe


yearsandyearsandyears ago, Nate and I sat, on our newly carpeted floor (we had no kids who would spill or make messes)  next to our Japanese friends eating curry for the first time. Lucky us, our dear friends were also our neighbors. Naomi surprised us with dinner, bringing over bowls for all of us.

I remember eating it, thinking how good it was- and looking up at Nate who looked at me the exact same moment. He had the look in his eye like he had just found gold. From then we were hooked. I, being nosy ol me, had to ask for the recipe. Thank goodness it was easy. I wasn't much of a cook back then. I worried more about studying and finals, and playing- than I did about cooking.
The Answer was this simple box.

Even though I have made this dinner hundreds of times EVERYTIME I pull out the box I feel like its in code. takes me forever to decipher it.


Naomi had cooked the "hot" version for us, but now we always just get the mild. The rest, I cook just like her. I tried it in a crock-pot this last time and it was 10x easier than in a pan. BUT it can be cooked either way. stove-top or slow-cooker.

The box is really just a paste of spices. so easy. It saves you the time of opening 100 different bottles of spices. measuring. closing the spices. then reorganizing the spice cabinet to make them all fit again. right?!

Slow Cooker Curry Chicken
Ingredients
3-4 chicken breasts
2 1/2 cups of hot water
4 potatoes cut into chunks
3 celery sticks chopped
2 cups of chopped carrots (or cheat and just use baby carrots like I did)
one small-med onion chopped
one box of golden curry sauce mix
Instructions
in crock pot put 1 cup hot water and chicken breast.
put in rest of chopped veggies.
in small bowl break sauce mix into small chunks.
pour 1 1/2 cups of HOT water into small bowl and stir till curry paste is dissolved.
pour into crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
if you are home and available stir a few times through out the cooking process...
1/2 hour before serving stir and shred chicken.
Serve over rice...any rice. this Coconut Rice is awesome, Jasmine rice also pairs well.
cut chicken in to bite size pieces.
in 2 TBS of oil cook chicken and onions till chicken is pretty much done.
Stir in other veggies.
add water.
break apart curry paste and stir till dissolved.
Let simmer till potatoes are done and tender. Stirring occasionally.

Serve over rice...any rice. this Coconut Rice is awesome, Jasmine rice also pairs well.







Stove top directions-
cut chicken in to bite size pieces.
in 2 TBS of oil cook chicken and onions till chicken is pretty much done.
Stir in other veggies.

add water.
break apart curry paste and stir till dissolved.
Let simmer till potatoes are done and tender. Stirring occasionally.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...