9.12.2012

Potato Kielbasa (don't let the name fool ya, 30 min meal!)



A Follower of our blog recently send me a recipe she happened upon. She made this for her family and her exact words were "it was beyond amazing!"

SO, because I like complicated words and it did sound quiet amazing. {Who doesn't like kielbasa? and potatoes..and sugar?} I decided to give it a go.

My kids wouldn't even let me take pictures. They sat right by me eating off the plate. Even the baby. My 15 month old could not stop grabbing my picture perfect play (ha)

thank you Heather!!

Potato Kielbasa
Ingredients
10-12 red potatoes, cubed 
3 tablespoons water
3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices****
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 cups fresh baby spinach
5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled*****
Direction
Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; (mine took a while till tender) drain.
In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion translucent.
Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. 
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. 
Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.

Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Yield: 4 Servings Nutritional Facts 1-1/2 cups equals 576 calories, 39 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 1,695 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.


*****I had polish sausage already in my fridge so I used that. It can be found by the deli meats in your grocery store.

*****I used fully cooked bacon (also found in the deli meat isle), heated in the microwave and chopped.



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so fantastic, and 1 pan dishes are THE BEST. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks amazing! I am going to have to try it sometime :)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...