6.14.2010

Fried Chicken Won Tons


Des was my inspiration to this recipe. She was the first to introduce me to this delightful won tonny treat. {Click here for her delightful savory version} After falling in love with hers, I decided to making them the main course in a light dinner. I've played around a few times with this Chicken Won Ton and I think this is my favorite. But if I make them again in a month it will probably change because I love to experiment. 
Won tons are just so fun because you can do anything with them! We even tried putting little chunks of chocolate candy bars in at the end of cooking our dinner and it was delicious. Seriously indulgent. Fried chocolate.. has to be good. Anyway, I did a little Mexican meets oriental. Here's what I did...

First you need your won ton wrappers, they are refrigerated. Smash together your filling items in a bowl.
 Then set up a work station with a plate, your won ton wrappers, a small bowl of water or egg wash, and your filling. Lay down a wrapper and line the edge with a brush of water. Add a dollop of your filling. Foll in half. (you can see this in the background of the picture.) You can stop here if you like. But if you want to get a little fancy.. continue folding as shown. When you go to close the two ends together you will need another dab of water to make them stick together. Line up your mini-creations and admire how gorgeous they are!



Fry them in a little oil, what ever you prefer. I usually use canola or vegetable.They fry incredibly fast.. about 20 seconds on each side maybe?! I also have made them in my deep fryer. Works amazing, and no turning necessary.

These guys are tasty. This day we dipped them in some Sweet Chili Sauce from Trader Joe's. That stuff is good. We have also eaten them with salsa and guacamole. I had a few sneaky hands stilling a bite.

Fried Chicken Won Tons
Ingredients
1 pkg. Won Ton Wrappers
1 cup of Cooked Shredded Chicken, or canned chicken
1/2 sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 green Onion Stalks chopped
1 tsp Cumin
1 lime
Directions
Combine chicken, sour cream, cheese, garlic, onion, cumin and lime juice. Mix well. Place Won Ton wrapper on a plate, line with water and fold in half pinching closed. May continue to fold by bending ends of folded side in together. Fry in oil over medium high heat for a 20-30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. They fry fast! Dip in chili sauce, salsa, or guacamole.
Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...