2.04.2013

Cranberry Salsa



A Group of us girls had a lil' party to attend & we were all bringing and appetizer type dish to share. I casually asked Lyns what she was making for her appetizer.... "Cranberry Salsa" is what she said.

Cranberry Salsa?

In my mind I'm picturing something like Costco's Mango Salsa. Chopped tomatoes, peppers, and...some.... err.... like boiled cranberry's? I was kind of at a loss as to what on earth cranberry salsa could be.

la dee da, a week later, we're at the party,  w/plate full of food, and I'm feeding my face when I think- OH! the cranberry salsa. Did I see it? did I miss it? Is it this delicious red sauce on my plate? with cream cheese? what the?

YES! It was totally disguised. might as well put a mustache on it!
 It didn't look like any salsa I'm used to making.
I really tried. like tried hard, not to- for once- ask someone for their recipe. Since my friends all know about this bloggity blog sometimes I feel sooooo silly asking for their delicious recipes.
I went like a month without asking. ha. maybe not even that. I HAD To! We were hosting a baby shower and nothing sounded better and more awesomer to surprise our guests with.


So here is the deal.
Its orginal recipe calls for a bag of fresh cranberries.
but you can only get a bag of fresh cranberries 2 months out of the year :(
boo, for the other 10.

I experimented << because I have got to be able to make this more than 2 months a year >> and still got rave reviews--

Here is how to make your Cran-berry-sal-sa!
you will need:
1 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries OR 1 can of whole cranberries in sauce (found by your pie fillings in the baking isle)
1 bunch of cilantro
1 bunch green onion
1 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
2 limes juiced
1 pinch salt
*3/4 cup of sugar ONLY IF USING FRESH CRANBERRIES. if using the Canned omit the sugar.

you can totally make this in your vitamix, or blentec. I actually like the texture better coming from one of those. BUT I don't have one of those fancy machines..... so I used my lil' 6 cup food processor.

Mix the cranberries, jalapeño, cilantro, green onions in a food processor, add salt, sugar* and lime juice. Stir till combined.

In a pan or fancy schmancy serving dish smooth cream cheese out & pour cranberry salsa over.
Serve with Tortilla chips or crackers.









Cranberry Salsa
Ingredients
1 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries OR 1 can of whole cranberries in sauce (found by your pie fillings in the baking isle)
1 bunch of cilantro
1 bunch green onion
1 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
2 limes juiced
1 pinch salt
*3/4 cup of sugar ONLY if using the fresh cranberries. if using the Canned whole cranberries omit the sugar.

Directions
Mix the cranberries, jalapeño, cilantro, green onions in a food processor, add salt, sugar* and Lime juice. Stir till combined.
In a pan or fancy schmancy serving dish smooth cream cheese out & pour cranberry salsa over.
Serve with Tortilla chips or crackers.

ALSO, I made my favorite. FAVORITE. drink. 

I'm not totally a fizzy drink person all the time. 

 I absolutely LOVE homemade lemonade. 

I added strawberries to add to the vday atmosphere. 

     



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...