12.12.2012

Cookies Royale

First of all... shout out to my hubby who is turning 30!! on 12/12/12!!! Only one in a lifetime :) Now on with the cookies..

Well, I love Chocolate. And I love Coconut. So I love these cookies!! (nice deductive reasoning right there) These truly are my favorite cookie. Not because when I eat one I am like WOW! that is a once-in-a-lifetime-cookie, more like Oh! Hi there my two buddies. Missed you and your so tasty kinda cookie. Lets have a glass of milk kinda cookie. And invite our friend macadamia nut to join, nutty company is fun. That's this kinda cookie.

I first experienced this cookie in college. Oh good ole college days and all the new experiences (Stop being so dirty-minded, that's not what I meant.)  More like traveling, new friends and good foods. Burning rice in your room-mates brand new pans and RUINING it! those kind of experiences. I don't know if it was the carefree and soakin up life living that made me love 'em but, I just love 'em.

Is it weird that I am eating 2 of these as I am typing this? no joke. I think staring at all the pictures gave me a craving! yay for late night blogging and cookies!

Anyway here you go... hope you love 'em too.

 Your going to want to start out by toasting coarsely chopping your macadamia nuts and toasting them and your coconut. That way when it is time to add them they are cooled and won't melt your chocolate chips.
In your mixer cream your sugars and butter.
 Then add in your eggs. .. isn't that an awesome picture. Probably one of my best egg shell pictures, because I always take egg shell pictures?
 After you've mixed all your other ingredients (flour, vanilla.. secret ingredient.. COCONUT EXTRACT).. its time for the fun. Roll up your cute denim shirt sleeves. Wash your hands and get them dirty! Squeeze in your coconut, chocolate chips, and macadamia nut. Roll in to balls and bake!


Then enjoy with a lot of milk!

Here is the recipe card.. and easy print button. All thanks to YumPrint!

Cookies Royale
Ingredients
2 Cups butter at room temp
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
2 Cups Brown Sugar
3 Eggs
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Salt
2 T Vanilla
2 tsp coconut extract
5 Cups Flour
4 Cups Chocolate Chips
2 Cups Shredded Coconut toasted
1/2 Cup Macadamia nuts coarsely chopped and toasted
Directions
Cream Butter and Sugars. Add in eggs and mix. Then add in baking soda, salt, vanilla, and coconut extract. Continue mixing while adding in flour slowly, about a cup at a time. When combined fold in chocolate chips, coconut and macadamia nuts. When combined roll in to small balls and bake on non-stick or greased baking sheet at 350 degrees for 9-10mins. or slightly golden. Don't over bake! Cookies will continue to cook through after removing from oven.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...