11.08.2012

The Rotisserie Chicken {Cooking Tip}



The Rotisserie Chicken is one of my secret weapons!  I use them as a shortcut to creating delicious meals without cooking a chicken.  I love to eat one of these for dinner with a side salad, but I love them even more as an ingredient in a delicious recipe.  The meat is perfect for soups, casseroles, enchiladas, salads and more!


 My Costco sells them for $4.99 - and they are so good!  They are moist, they are flavorful, and cooked PERFECTLY.  When I make a Costco run I buy 2 or 3 along with other bulk items.



When I get home I from Costco I remove the skin and pull the meat from the bones.  I shred the meat into a freezer bag.  This past Mother's Day I got a shiny new food saver - so I seal up the bag using it.  If you don't have a food saver a regular freezer zip lock will work great too!  Just press the air out and seal it closed.


I place them in the freezer along with the ground beef I buy in bulk at Costco...ready to be turned into something delicioso!


Some of my FAVORITE things to make with the meat from a rotisserie chicken are...









Pin It

1 comment:

  1. We love roasted hens from the deli also. My family loves quesadillas with cheese, deli chicken, and onions. We do not have a Costco so I pick them up from my local grocery. But, we WILL be getting a Costco by late spring about 65 miles from us and we have already planned on getting a membership.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...