11.18.2012

Cinnamon Cranberry Sauce


Cranberry sauce.. does anyone really like it? Or do we just put it on the table because of tradition? que music. Traaa di TION!!! tradition! (Fiddler on the Roof). Maybe it is tradition, maybe there are a few cranberry die-hards out there still slathering it on turkey and rolls. I am half and half. Don't love it but like it. I prefer it on my roll. But I prefer and buttery roll over that.

(I bought this bowl just for this picture, you like?! I loved the little handles T.J. Max kinda rocks with inexpensive random kitchenware.)

Either way. Cranberry Sauce is ridiculously easy so we might as well put it out there for those cran-lovers. (Ok ok, I do dip my turkey when know one is looking).

So you can do it 2 ways. With Orange Juice or Water. Orange Juice version is a littler more tart. That's all. Both are great.

Cinnamon Cranberry Sauce
Ingredients
2 C Cranberries
1 C Sugar
1 C Water or Orange Juice
1 Cinnamon Stick
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Directions
In a small sauce pan, bring water or orange juice to a boil. Quickly add sugar and whisk til dissolved. Mix in ground cinnamon and cinnamon stick. Add cranberries and lower heat and allow to simmer until berries have burst and softened. Stir occasionally, about 10 mins. Remove from heat, sauce will thicken as it cools.

Also...

Another tasty Berry Recipe that was served at our "Mock" Thanksgiving Dinner.. was the Berry Pretzel Cream Cheese Dessert. This one is just kind of a classic. We have it all year round, but the red berries have such a festive feel it just fits in this time of year.   OH and it is LOADED with creame de queso. I'm sure that is wrong. No I'm positive its wrong.. my husband is now mocking my spanglish skills. ... anyway they are Loaded with CREAM CHEESE.


Dang Gina. Creame.

He just informed me it's queso de crema. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...