7.05.2012

Asian Slaw



For the past two summers I was the director for our church's week-long youth girls camp.  We were very fortunate to have a fabulous cook that cooked for us all week.  Linda is known for her baked goods and her barbeque, but in my book she make THE best asian slaw!  Now - I'm not much of a slaw eater, I always pass on the traditional cole slaw, but this stuff is AMAZING!  The first summer I was at camp Linda prepared this along side teriyaki chicken, rice and egg rolls.  I gobbled it right up and went back for seconds.  I even had the leftovers the following day!  The second summer Linda presented the menu and I noticed that this tasty dish wasn't on the menu.  I instisted that she include it, ha ha!  She was kind enough to make it per my request and I did a repeat of my second and third helpings that week too!  

I later asked her for her recipe and she was kind enough to share it.  This can be served as a side dish, or you could throw in some cooked and cubed chicken and some mandarin oranges and make it a meal!  Because it's made from cabbage and not lettuce it doesn't get soggy in the fridge overnight so you can enjoy it the next day too.  


Asian Slaw
Ingredients
1 3 oz package of ramen noodles, crushed (discard seasoning packet)
10 oz sliced almonds
1 (16 oz) package of cole slaw mix or shredded cabbage
1 bunch green onions chopped
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 TBSP soy sauce
Instructions
Combine ramen noodles, almonds, cabbage, and green onions in a large bowl.  Toss to combine.
In a small bowl wisk sugar, oil, vinegar, and soy sauce until smooth.  Toss with remaining ingredients and serve.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...