6.06.2012

Roasted Broccoli with Cumin and Red Pepper


Several years ago I stumbled upon this recipe.  I myself love broccoli, so I was eager to try it - and I was not disappointed.  I shared the recipe with my friend Amy who also adored it.  Just recently she told me that she now NEVER prepares broccoli any other way because her kids love it roasted like this.  If you don't like broccoli - try it prepared this way and I'm convinced you will be a broccoli convert, ha ha! This dish is so tasty, and is a great compliment to any meal.


Roasted Broccoli with Cumin and Red Pepper
Ingredients
1 head of Broccoli, chopped
3 TBSP Butter
3/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp ground Cumin
1/4 tsp ground Red Pepper
1/4 tsp Sugar
Instructions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
In a small skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add Salt, Cumin, Red Pepper and Sugar; cook 30 seconds. Toss butter mixture with the broccoli in a large bowl.
Place broccoli on the prepared baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes, stirring occassionally, until tender ad lightly browned.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...