6.13.2012

Green Chili Cheese Bread

I grew up eating this bread with a big bowl of my mom's spaghetti and homemade spaghetti sauce 
(with diced carrots...delish).
I posted a picture one day of my dinner on instagram (follow me @spanderson) for one of those photo-a-day challenges, pointing out the green chili cheese bread.
Aubrey of course had to know what this bread was all about!
It is soooooo good. That's what it's about.
And here is the recipe, courtesy of Momma Moon:

1 loaf french bread 
(I use wheat, although white is sinfully tasty...)
1/3 c mayonnaise 
(I've used fat free and it doesn't turn out as well, but is doable)
5 1/3 T softened butter
1 c monterey jack cheese, shredded 
(don't buy the pre-shredded, it has a coating to prevent caking that doesn't melt as beautifully)
1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies 

Pre-heat oven or toaster oven to broil or 500 degrees.
Mix all ingredients except the french bread together in small bowl.

Slice french bread in half and spread cheese mixture liberally on each half of the bread.

 Carefully broil 3-4 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. had to come comment.

    saw this on pinterest - made this past weekend - HUGE fan. And it was a big hit at a little dinner party - thanks! Craving more now actually ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...