6.24.2012

Cream Cheesy Noodle Bake


I'll be honest. I'm not a fan of casseroles and red sauce sometimes does a number on me. But this had both and I loved it... the noodle bake was a big hit tonight with my family and our guests. Actually, I couldn't believe how much was pounded. It was very {very} well loved. 

The cream cheese middle was my favorite, obviously....


Cream Cheesy Noodle Bake
Ingredients
1 8oz package of noodles (can use elbow)
1/2 cup diced bell peppers
1/3 cup chopped green onions
3 8oz cans tomato sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup cottage cheese
1 package cream cheese
1 Tbs chili powder
1 Tbs sugar
1 lb ground beef/turkey
2 Tbs melted butter
1+ cup mozzerella cheese
Instructions
Brown ground beef, drain. Return back to pan and add tomato sauce, chili powder, sugar & bell peppers let simmer for 15 min. (you don't want bell peppers still crunchy)
{boil noodle}
in separate bowl mix sour cream, cream cheese, cottage cheese, and green onions
In an 8x8 pan add melted butter.
add 1/2 cooked noodles
layer cheese mixture
add rest of noodles
pour meat sauce over top
sprinkle cheese
bake 350 for 25-30 min


 This Recipe contributed to me, from my great SIL. Love new family recipes. Thanks Jesse!!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This is kinda how I make my lasagna...layer of cream cheese with the mozzarella...it always gets rave reviews! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...