9.16.2011

Philly Cheesesteak

The FIRST thing I ordered from the hospital, after having William, was their Philly Cheesesteak. I have no idea why it sounded so dang good, maybe it was the thought of eating peppers and onions without any heartburn! Ahhh. 

Since the delicious philly cheesesteak, which was by no means fancy. {But it sure hit the spot.}
I have craved philly cheesesteaks. 
I've tried a couple of different recipes. I've tried different cooking methods. different breads. La dee da. I think I figured out a dang good way. And it goes really quick. So have everything handy.

Philly Cheesesteak
To make 4 very large sandwiches you will need:
8 pieces of bread of your choice (one night all I had is regular ol' sliced bread. so we toasted it. and it was great)
1lb of black angus rare roast beef. Found at your deli (I like this better than the cooked roast beef, from your deli. BECAUSE, by the time you simmer the beef in the juices its over cooked. It's texture becomes rubbery, and color is not as pleasant).
one package of liption onion soup mix
4oz cream cheese
sliced swiss, or provolone cheese.
one green pepper thinly sliced
one onion thinly sliced
4 oz. mushrooms, sliced


Instructions

In a small sauce pan combine 2 cups of water and the soup mix.
When boiling add beef, and turn to low. 
In a frying add the onions and peppers. 
And a little salt and pepper.
And a couple of Tablespoons of the beef broth from the sauce pan sitting right next to you.
And sauté them till onions are translucent.
{or until they are a texture you like. I personally like mine more soft than crunchy.}
When veggies are soft add cream cheese.
When cream cheese is melted add beef.
Mix.
Place meat and veggies on bread.
Place cheese on meat.
Place under broiler.
Place in your mouth.


Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...