4.08.2011

Sour Cream Pound Cake

I believe this is a Paula Dean Recipe. I got it from our neighbors when we lived in Florida. Yummy! They just put strawberries on it, but since I had blueberries and added some too. Serve with a nice big pile of whipped cream!

 Sour Cream Pound Cake

1/2 lb (2 sticks) butter
3 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Top with strawberries (and anything else that sounds good)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter and sugar together; add sour cream. Sift flour and baking soda together. Add to creamed mixture, alternately with eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Add vanilla. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.



* I have 2 bundt pans. One is newer and not as tall. The other is older. I tried to make this in the newer one because it is all I had and it was too small and spilled over the edge. Then I found one at a yardsale for like 10 cents. It was older but bigger and it holds the whole cake. I didn't really know there were different sizes.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...