4.06.2011

Chicken Cordon Bleu

I love this meal because its easy, filling and has a gourmet feeling to it. It seems to hit the spot any day of the week with its salty ham and gooey cheese. 

Today, I set out the chicken to thaw, and later it took me about 5 minutes to assemble and throw in the oven. Let the rice cooker steam the rice and stir up the sauce.
Quite a satisfying meal. 

I also should mention I stole this from a friend who got it from a family recipe book. superhotsteph.
(she has other recipes on this blog)

Take chicken breasts and slice in half long-ways (so it makes 2 long skinny flat chicken breast....looks like a butterfly)

place a slice of ham
(I like to buy the thin honey ham pre-packaged, and use two slices laid side by side...it just rolls better, but you are welcome to use fresh from the deli ham. I've done both.)
and slice of swiss cheese.
roll and toothpick

roll in 1/4 cup of butter 
roll in Herbed bread crumbs.
Place in baking dish

(if you take after paula, which I do, pour remainder of butter on rolled chicken...yumm)

Bake 350 for 40-50 minutes

SAUCE

2 T butter
1 tsp instant chicken bullion
1/4 cup shredded swiss cheese (I typically use the rest of the package of sliced swiss, just tear it up.)
2 T parmesan cheese
1 1/4 cup milk
2 T flour
dash of pepper
1 tsp parsley

mix like a white sauce. {melt butter on med heat, and stir in flour. let mixture bubble for a minute. add bullion, then milk.)
add remaining ingredients.
Pour over chicken.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...