11.17.2010

Hot Corn Dip



I made this for a game night with a group of friends last night, and in the midst of getting all prepped and cleaning up our own dinner I forgot to take pictures of it's nice, hot gooey cheesey-ness. ooo this is so good.
In a little way it reminds me of the queso you buy in the jar. but better. It's not processed and homemade with fresh veggies and REAL aged cheese.
Make it for one of your upcoming holiday parties. it will be a crowd favorite.

amongst 12 people we cleaned this dish.

Don't let the ingredients scare you. The mayo and cheese make it soooo creamy and very deceiving. And change the peppers how you like it...see below



Hot Corn Dip
Ingredients
1 can corn drained (not creamed)
2 - 4oz cans chopped green chilies
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup jalapenos( finely chopped)**
1 cup mayonnaise
1 finely chopped roma tomato Mix all ingredients together, place in 9x13 pan. bake at 350 degrees for 30 min... (optional- top with chopped olives)
Instructions
I washed and prepared the peppers AND tomotatoes by cutting in half, and tearing out the seeds and white ridges. Then I placed into my food processor and chopped. Make it a lot simplier!
**I was to worried that 1 cup jalapenos would be to hot for my taste. So I chopped one jalapeño and did substituted the rest with a green pepper
**When buying peppers...
The bigger the Jalapeno the less spicy. Clean out ribs and seeds- less spice.
Look at the bottom of your bell betters- if it has 3 bumps it will be sweeter :) try to buy them with three.
I also added 1/4 extra cheese- cause I like cheese.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.

recipe adapted from my sweet friend Heather Walker



Pin It

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...