11.09.2010

Dumplings to your soup...


Dumplings are arguably the best part of chicken noodle soup.
When my mom makes them for my family there is never enough. We argue and fight about who has more...and we race to get seconds and finish of the rest of the dumplings in the pot.

Now when my mom makes dumplings she does two batches- 1 soup. Makes the soup, and does one batch of dumplings...serves up half the folks and with half the soup remaining add more dumplings.

dumplings are easy- its the soup that can take hours.
So make your soup as you want.

For instance my mom makes it the old fashion way--- boils a whole chicken in a pot of water ALL day. (makes your house smell so good and homey) then pull all the tender juicy meat off and add veggies and spices to your liking.

On fancy days I do that. On lazy days I boil some chicken breast and add it to chicken broth with the veggies and seasonings. Not as good as above, but a close second.

NOW for the dumpling recipe:

Dumplings
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter melted
2 eggs
2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp milk
3/4 cup milk
Instructions
mix butter salt flour and egg the and milk. the batter will be very thick.
bring soup to a boil. Add spoonfuls of batter into boiling soup and boil for 10-15 minutes.
SERVE. yummy. kids and adults love this.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. this is my favorite. I can even eat it with all the morning sickness! A great comfort food, so cozy and yummy. And very filling with the dumplings in the soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What spices / how much do you use in your soup? I've tried a few different homemade ckn soup recipes and they have turned out pretty tastey but not quite what I want. Any help would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...