5.08.2009

Zucchini Casserole

I made this last night for the first time. I love zucchini in any form! I saw some at the store and grabbed it up. ( I always tweak the recipes as I make them, but this is the original recipe.)

1/4 cup chopped onion
6 cups sliced zucchini
1/2 tsp. salt
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese
1 pkg. stuffing mix
1 cube butter
1/3 cup water

Cook onion and zucchini in boiling water for five minutes. Drain. Add soup, sour cream, and cheese. Combine stuffing mix with melted butter and water. Spread half of stuffing on bottom of 2 quart casserole dish. Cover with entire squash mixture. Then crumble the remaining stuffing over the top. Bake at 350 for 30 mins.

*I left out the onion and added some cooked, chopped chicken. It made it more like a meal than a side dish. I think next time I would use more cheese and actually leave out the chicken. * Pin It

1 comment:

  1. yum. I have been looking for a new way to try zucchini out that my husband would actually eat... I think that this just might do the trick! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...