3.16.2013

Peanut Butter Maple Frosting

I wanted to try these cupcakes (which quickly became my favorite new chocolate cupcake recipe. Period), but needed a frosting to top them for the finale viewing party for my favorite reality dating show I was going to that night (I live for Mondays). Canned frosting really is good, I mean, I used to steal cans of it from the pantry growing up and hide out in my room with a spoon....if ya know what I mean.
To this day, I still crave a spoonful of chocolate or rainbow chip frosting whenever graham crackers are mentioned.
I shot my girlfriend a text with my dilemma: peanut butter, salted caramel, or orange vanilla bean?
I was envisioning the chocolate orange combo they sell during the Holidays, but she ex-nayed the orange-ay. I had quite the hankering for some peanut butter chocolatey goodness with all the Reese's peanut butter eggs floating around, so peanut butter it was.
P.S. Did you know they make dark chocolate Cadbury eggs? Are you kidding me right now?
 
I wanted to add some extra dimension to the peanut butter and I thought about drizzling some of the jar of Salted Dark Caramel I had in my fridge, but decided it was too messy, and I'm kinda carmeled out at the moment. Then, I remembered the maple extract I had in my pantry, and it was a moment of brilliance. My friend asked me what was in the frosting, she couldn't quite put her finger on it...
Don't try to put your finger on it, Sarah....just put it in your mouth.


Peanut Butter Maple Frosting
Ingredients
1/2 c salted butter, room temperature (or use unsalted and add more salt)
1 c creamy peanut butter
1 t vanilla extract
1 t maple extract
1/2 t coarse salt
3 c powdered sugar
1/3-1/2 c heavy cream
Directions
1. Cream butter in mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Mix in peanut butter.
3. Add vanilla and maple extract, salt, and powdered sugar.
4. Add cream, starting with 1/3 c, increase up to 1/2 c to achieve desired consistency.
Frosts 2 dozen cupcakes


 The next day, one of these babies was my dinner and it was just fine with me.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...