12.16.2012

White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies



I want to start out setting the record straight about this recipes. It is not my recipe. This is a cookie recipe I have been anticipating for months.....which says a lot about me because I am not a cookie feen. not a cooke lover. I am not tempted by cookies much at all.
 ....not that I don't have a small addiction to sugary things, just that my desire just doesn't lie within cookies. Ironic right? for a cookie filled week. But THIS cookie came into my life a few months ago....queue eerie flashback music,When I went to book club, where Kim made cookies that I could not stop eating. I think I even took a few home.  They were buttery goodness.  With our Great Cookie Exchange fast approaching I had to email her for the recipe, and gladly she gave it to us. I tweeked it just a tad...check it out below! 
(she moved up north . frownie face, we miss you Kim. ) 


Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
1 cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
¼ cup shortening
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
½ tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1/2 bag of white chocolate chips
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup coconut
Directions
Cream together sugar, butter and shortening
Mix in egg, vanilla
Add flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt
mix 1/2 bag of white chocolate chips, oatmeal and coconut
Bake 350 for 10-12 minutes

While we dreamed of parties and cookies away from children, it hardly happens. lets face it. So I made sure to make some of our favorite sugar cookies. and let our favorite children's decorate them.

Holiday Sugar Cookies







We may do this often at home...






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...