10.03.2012

Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries-Garlic Garlic Garlic!


Food trucks is nothing new for any of you right? You see them on the corner of here and there, bad parts of town or camped out in a parking lots every day- same time same place. And I'm sure they have all sorts of enduring love names...like my favorite is "Roach coach!" On Friday nights there is a whole roach coach infestations here. ok, actually is called Food Truck Round up, its so fun. All sorts of food trucks  {some are even famous} come and park in the best buy parking lot. Sell tons of food to suckers like me- and I, along with all our friends sit on camping chairs eating deliciously fatting foods. Its been one of my favorite summer activities. Good food and good friends in the summer evening. who wouldn't love that. 

Besides killer carne asada tacos, I have found great garlic blue cheese fries......wait, I'm savoriing the memory......
ok. I can talk about them again. 
They are sooo good. A little too greasy, worth it once in a while. 
They are the type you can't help but crave all the time!! 
SO here is my version....I know there are many Blue chesse haters, so try parmesan instead. 

ps.... there is a lot of covering and shaking, so....if you have a big bowl or batter bowl with a lid this is the perfect time to use it. I had a pampered chef one and it worked great. Somthing a lot like this. Love it.



I just put the lid on shake. I did use plastic wrap one time. 





Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries
Ingredients
8 garlic cloves, minced
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 medium russet potatoes  cut into wedges, about 8 cups
4 tbsp cornstarch/cornflour
2 tsp coarse sea salt
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
parmesan or blue cheese for topping
Instructions
Preheat oven to 440° F.
Combine the garlic and oil in a large bowl, (infusing the garlic into the oil.mmmmm) in microwave for about 1 minute. You want to be able to smell the garlic :)
Transfer 3 tablespoons of the oil (leaving the garlic in the bowl) to a foil lined baking sheet, coating it well.
Add the potatoes to the bowl with the garlic and SHAKE.  Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and microwave on high power until the potatoes are translucent around the edges, cook for 2 minutes, shake again, cook for 3 more minutes. {about, cooking times may vary due to different microwave powers)
Combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the hot potatoes and toss AGAIN! 
Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake at 440 until deep golden brown and crisp, 30 to 40 minutes. (turn half way)
Sprinkle with Parmsean Cheese and serve with this fry sauce !! or my absolute favorite is to sprinkle with Blue Cheese.




TRY THIS FRY SAUCE






Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I would love to put this on my Pinterest board, but Pinterest won't Pin it because there's no picture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...