10.09.2011

Butternut Squash Soup and Sandwich

Don't you just love how the air is starting to get nice and crisp outside?! Make's me want to put on a pair of cozy sweats and snuggle up to a good book after eating this dinner! Oh my. Do I have a treat for you! A healthy dinner that will warm your toes.


 First on the agenda.This is my favorite butternut squash soup recipe. Why? Because it is simple and tasty tasty tasty! My good friend introduced my to this recipe over here. Perfect for dipping a grilled sandwich into it.. second on the agenda.

Butternut Squash Soup
Ingredients
1/4 cup Onion, chopped
 1 T butter
 3 cups Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed *
1 medium potato, peel and cubed
 1 1/2 C chicken stock
1/4 tsp. salt
 dash of pepper
 1/4 C evaporated milk
Instructions
for a fast version use a 1lb bag of frozen butternut squash.
 In a sauce pan saute onion in butter til soft. Add in squash and potato. Saute for another 2 mins. Add in stock, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until veggies are tender. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Pour into blender and puree. Return to pan and stir in evaporated milk. Serve warmed.

Second..

As I mentioned earlier, this is the perfect soup for a soup and sandwich combo. So now it is time to get a little crazy with a sandwich! Have you ever just explored the bakery or deli sections of your grocery store? There are some fun meats and breads that will make you feel all fancy when you eat them. Well, I did atleast ;)

This week I choose the Three Cheese Semolina Loaf. It had a great aroma and I later found out that it had a kick to it! Who knew bread tasted good with some heat? Then skipped on over to the deli and grabbed some sun-dried tomato herbed turkey breast, thin sliced please. And oh my. oh my. FLAVOR! {if you are nervous..ask for a sample. no need to fear.}

Now that you have the back bone of your sandwich setup and little sandwich station for your family to build their own. Kids LOVE it. And picky hubbies.

I choose it all! Then brush your fancy piece of bread with some fancy e.v.o.o. and add a little flame to it.

On each side to melt the cheese and toast the bread.

Serve with your butternut squash soup. Feel all warm and tingly inside? It's the soup. or maybe the Bread with a kick. Or both. Yum. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...