5.03.2011

Rainbow Cupcakes

 

I saw a friend's blog...she made rainbow cupcakes and they looked SO good. Sydney and I had the perfect excuse to make the yesterday. A Birthday!

I searched the internet for all types of recipes, and there really are all types of recipes. add sprite, add creme, add crazy complicated stuff. I just wanted simple.

This is a simple one I found. and it worked out great.

I ended up using a rainbow cake mix leftover in my pantry.

and I totally ran out of butter for the frosting. so instead of it all being powder sugar and milk (and 1/2 tsp of butter) I used some cream cheese and my secret frosting weapon....almond extract.



recipe from familyfun.go.com


Ingredients
  • White cake mix (we used an 18-1/4-ounce box)
  • Food coloring (red, blue, green, and yellow)
  • Baking cups
  • Whipped cream (optional)
Instructions
  1. Prepare your favorite white cake mix, then divide the batter evenly among six small bowls. Following the chart below, dye each bowl of batter a rainbow color.
    RAINBOW COLORDROPS OF FOOD COLORING
    Purple9 red and 6 blue drops
    Blue12 drops
    Green12 drops
    Yellow12 drops
    Orange12 yellow and 4 red drops
    Red18 drops


  2. Line 16 muffin pan wells with baking cups. Evenly distribute the purple batter among the cups, then the blue, and so on, following the order shown. As you go, gently spread each layer of batter with the back of a spoon to cover the color underneath.
  3. Bake the cupcakes according to your recipe directions. Before serving, remove the paper wrapping, and if you like, top each cupcake with a whipped-cream cloud.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...