3.03.2011

Crepes



One of my favorite places to eat in College was called European Connection. They specialize in crepes...I usually got a half attack. Meaning half of the humongous crepe was filled and wrapped with entree food the other half dessert.


We make this for dinner a lot. It's so healthy and simple. Plus we get a yummy dessert. 

I start by cooking chicken and shredding it. 
You can make your chicken however you like. Sometimes I do a BBQ chicken, sometimes sweet teriyaki, tonight I just seasoned it with herbs and a seasoning salt.

I set that aside and make the Crepes. I 1 1/2x the batch that allrecipes.com gives. (under "basic crepes)  This is my recipe:

Crepes
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1/4 heap tsp salt
3 TBS melted butter
DIRECTIONS:
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.
We layer our crepe with cheese,(watch it slowly melt on your hot fresh crepe.yum,,) chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and various veggies. 
Top with favorite salad dressing.
devour.



I like mine simple. Fresh fruit and nutella. 


I picked this handy dandy "powder sugar shaker" up at walmart for $.87! It was perfect for the kids. 

Nate likes to dress his up. He added Bananas in his. 


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I always forget about crepes! They are so yummy and fun too!! Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...