12.16.2010

Spiced Orange Cider AKA Russian Tea


One foggy Christmas party my Aunt served me a hot tasty drink that totally took me by surprise. I don't know what I was expecting but THIS was awesome. We were at a family party, all sitting around enjoying each other's company drinking "Russian Tea"yes. that is its original name. Should I keep it? I don't know. it sounds a little uh, foreign? So I changed it to Spiced Orange Cider.
EITHER way, I love this drink for special occasions on cold winter nights. (so do my kids, I might add)

A couple of years ago I doubled the batch and delivered this drink (in powdered form of course) to all my friends. I think I had a pretty clever saying to go with it....errrr. sorry I can't remember what it was. and maybe it was more dorky than clever?
EITHER way- no matter if the card was clever or not the drink stayed the same. hot mama.





(half the recipe and it fits perfectly in a 16 oz jar)

SPICED ORANGE CIDER
Ingredients
2 cups powdered tang
1 cup powdered lemonade
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon (heaping) cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
Instructions
Mix together and store in an airtight container. Mix 2 Tablespoons dry mix with a mug of hot water. Bigger scale, 2 cups dry mix to 1 gallon of HOT water. 1 mix usually lasts us all winter.
Or two small spoonfuls for every mugful of hot water.



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I too used this for gifts, it is so tummy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantatic! I'm looking for ideas on some home made gifts for the holidays next year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good. My mom always served us hot Tang when we were sick - so this is a little reminder of home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...