4.24.2010

Bacon Chicken Pasta




!!! I made this today, and it was delish. Here is how it went for me. I only had a 12 oz bag of noodles so I used all of those, but the sauce still seemed too thick. So I added about a half cup of milk and it made it the right consistency.
I have also tried a similar dish at fancy restaurants and they add peas! I think 1/2 cup of peas would be a perfect addition.
oh, and I used turkey bacon and it tasted just like the reg....lot healthier too.!!!

16 oz farfalle pasta (bow-tie)
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
4 chicken breasts
1 cup thawed peas
1/2 cup chopped sundried tomatoes (packed in oil) *optional
3-4 cloves of garlic
1T pepper
3/4 cup butter
1 lb bacon (previously cooked and crumbled) **must be real, fresh cooked bacon. not "bacon bits or real bacon"
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 120z lawry's mesquite marinade with lime juice

In Crock Pot cook chicken in marinade on low for 6 hours. Pull marinated chicken out of the juices and allow to cool, shred. Set aside.
half and hour before serving boil pasta.
in a small sauce pan melt better, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper cheese and bacon. Wish together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl pour sauce over cooked drained pasta. Add chicken, stir through. Sprinkle with a little bit more cheese for presentation on top.




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I like to add fresh diced Roma tomatoes to our for a bit more taste and color. It looks great with the green peas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Des and it sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it, I'm always looking for new crockpot recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...