9.28.2009

Crockpot Tomatillo Chicken


You know a recipe is good when...

Your husband ask's for thirds
Your children eat all their food.. by them selves,
The left overs are gone the next day
and it's a hand-me-down. 
and a hand-me-down of a hand-me-down. 


All of the above happened to be this Crock Pot fancy. 


6 chicken breasts
1 medium onion chopped 2 garlic cloves minced
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp oregano

1tsp salt
1tsp pepper

T lemon juice
1C tomatillo salsa (salsa verde)
1.5C sour cream

Combine everything (except sour cream) in a crock-pot.


 cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. 
When done shred chicken and add sour cream. 
** I didn't have lemon juice and halved the recipe and it turned out awesome. I served it in self-baked tortillas with cheese inside. Next time I am going to add rice and corn either in the burrito or on the side! Very nice and very tasty. 


Serve the chicken and sauce in tortillas.


Or in a creamy quesidilla


Or some creamy chicken Nachos


Or a 
Chicken Taco

Or.. all three







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...