4.23.2009

"Root Beer Rocks" or Stuffed Bundles


I got this recipe from a college friend and I just made them this week. I used ham and cheddar cheese inside. We all Loved them and I want to make them again very soon! Easy for a non-cook like me.

(These are called Beer Rocks because they should be served with Root Beer)

Rolls:
1 T yeast
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup warm water
2 T oil
3 1/4 cup flour

Filling:
1 lb cheddar cheese, sliced into 3/4-inch cubes
1 package pepperoni slices

In a warm bowl, mix yeast, sugar, and water. Let stand 10 minutes, then add oil and flour. Blend and knead only a few minutes and form into a ball. Let rise one hour. Punch down and divide into 10 balls. Roll each ball into a circle and fill with four or five cheese chuncks and three or four slices of pepperoni. Bring four corners together, twist, and place on greased cookie sheet with twist side down. Brush with melted butter and let rise until double. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Can also use rice and ham, ham and swiss, ricotta and cooked sausage, or anything else you can think of. (I usually double this recipe if more than four will be eating.) I did not double it and it made about 10-12
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good... I bet that it would be great appetizer for a party! Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids loved this! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...